Scientific Publications Excellence Award
The main committee for scientific research evaluates the requests for the scientific publications excellence Award and made its recommendations based on the following policies
- The journal publisher should be a well-known organization with distinguished scientific reputation and determined by the main committee for scientific research.
- The paper should be published in a referred journal
with an editorial board and/or scientific advisory board and issued by a recognized scientific body (universities - institutes - research centers - scientific societies), and is being issued on ongoing basis since a period of not less than five years.
- The journal should be specialized with a distinct and global reputation, and is indexed by the approved indexing agencies such as Thomson Reuters (ISI web of science), with an impact factor, which is determined by the main committee for scientific research.
- The paper acceptance within the journal should be based on review/arbitration in which the journal should be a referee journal, and the main committee for scientific research may check that out.
- The published research paper should be at a high scientific level, and the main committee for scientific research may decide on it.
- The main affiliation of the author in the published paper should be Almaarefa Colleges.
- The principal author should be from Almaarefa colleges.
- The published paper should not pass one year since its publication when applying for the excellence award.
- The published paper should have been accepted while the author working at the colleges.
- The published paper should not be funded through a research project grant supported by the colleges or any other source of funding within or outside the Kingdom.
- The topic of the published paper should be correlated to the faculty member specialty, research interests, or responsibilities.
- Faculty member should apply to the head of department to request the Scientific Publications Excellence Award using the designated form, and attach a copy of the published research paper, the journal cover sheet, the organizer acceptance letter, and a description of the journal and its publisher.
- The request should be discussed at the department council to express an opinion on the quality of paper, the journal reputation, its scientific prestige, its acceptance policies, its classification within the approved research indexing agencies, and how the paper correlate to the faculty specialization, teaching or research interests, if approved; it passed to the college council, if approved; it passed to the main committee for scientific research, if approved, it passed to the colleges’ provost for final approval.
- The Scientific Publications Excellence Award approval depends on several criteria such as:
- The financial position and budget allocated to support research and conferences.
- The ranking and indexing of the journal within the international raking agencies such as Thomson Reuters (ISI web of science), which is determined by the main committee for scientific research.
- The correlation of the journal to the specialty of faculty member or his/her research interests.
- The quality of the published research paper.
Please fill the following form and email it along with all required documents to the research center email email@example.com