Objectives and Task
The research and applied studies center aims at supporting and encouraging the scientific research in the colleges in line with the strategic plans and objectives of the colleges. The research center works under the direction of the vice provost of academic affairs. The center seeks to achieve its objectives through the implementation of the following tasks:
1. Preparing the annual plan for scientific research at colleges within the framework of the colleges’ strategic plan, objectives, and policies, and follow up its implementation.
2. Following up the progress of scientific research groups in colleges and to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of their performance, and coordinating their activities to achieve harmony and integration among them.
3. Coordinating with the appropriate local and international research institutions as a prelude to cooperate with it for the purposes of scientific research in order to serve the objectives and policies of colleges in building local or international partnerships and/or agreements.
4. Establish the policies and procedures that encourage scientific research and applied research in the colleges and provide the necessary support to achieve the colleges’ goals in achieving outstanding scientific research.
5. Proposing the scientific research programs in the medical, health, and technology fields to achieve the colleges’ goals in the contribution to attain the objectives of the national plan for science and technology and innovations in Saudi Arabia.
6. Encouraging the scholars and researchers of the colleges’ faculty and students with intellectual and/or innovative capabilities to recruit and develop their capabilities to achieve the goals of colleges in achieving scientific excellence.